I’m sure by now you have heard about our love of all things Christmas and our little Elf who comes to visit. Arriving from the North Pole Elf on the Shelf is a wonderful tradition to introduce to your children, and a way for you to indulge in a little bit of child’s play with your children!
When your elf arrives from the North Pole, he comes with a book (from Santa) all about the magic of Elf on the Shelf and then the fun part begins…. You have to choose a name for him!!
I wanted to share with you some of the names that went on our list when we were trying to name our Elf.
– Buddy is the name of the character of Will Ferrell in Elf, with his character a “buddy”of Santa’s, this was the kids first choice in the name! Master D is the one who added the bear bit on the end! Not sure of his reason, but all the kids loved it, so it stuck!
– Another name for Secret Santa and one of the main characters in Miracle on 34th Street
– December is the month of Christmas Magic! What a perfect name for a little elf who brings Christmas cheer for all to hear!
– Short for Gingerbread, you could make him a little house to live in… aka a Gingerbread house! LOL
– Remember the Christmas story of superplums dancing around in their head, this would be a perfect name for a little elf who’s going to be on the kids minds all the time this Christmas holidays!
Here are some tips on choosing the perfect Elf name –
1. Try and make sure its an easy name for the kids to say and sounds fun!
2. Don’t choose a name that’s difficult or to long to say, the kids need to be able to say it, so they can tell all their friends about it!
3. Most elves names relate to Christmas somehow, so maybe try and think of a name that ties into Christmas!
If all else fails you could always call him Santa’s Little Helper!
Is a Elf making his way into your Christmas traditons this year?
Be sure to share his name and photo on my Facebook page! I know Buddy Bear is looking at making some new friends!