This is what I know this week in regards to Christmas…. 93 Days today and Counting!
This week I’m talking all about Traditions, in the Mummy To Five household we have a few traditions that we do each year which I want to share with you! Hopefully it will inspire you!
1. We normally put our Christmas Tree up on the eve of December 1st, so that when our children wake up in the morning they are greeted with the big Christmas Tree all set up and looking beautiful and also it means the arrival of our visitor…
I know that this year… our tree might go up a little earlier than normal, cause I have it on good authority that our visitor might be coming early. But you didnt hear that from me!
2. See up there… at the top of the tree?? Thats our visitor. He’s name is Buddy Bear and he’s an elf! Buddy Bear came to stay with us for the first time last year after making the long long journey from the North Pole. He spends his days watching over our children and making sure that they are not being naughty, and then each night flies back to the North Pole and checks in with Santa and tells him about their behaviour that day. If the kids have been good, they might find a special present under the tree the next day, if they are bad sometimes Buddy Bear might not be there in the morning. The children are never allowed to touch Buddy Bear or play with him or he will lose his Christmas magic. Master 5 as already written his letter to Santa asking if Buddy Bear can come back to visit us again this year. We are still awaiting Santa’s reply!
I know that you can put in a request to Santa for your very own Elf to come to visit you here at Elf On The Shelf.
3. I know that this year, is going to be the second year in a row that we have done personalised Christmas Cards. We got lots of positive comments about how amazing it was to open up their Christmas Card to see our gorgeous little darlings on the front!
This is our card from last year:
I know that this year, I’m going to have to top it!! Although I’m hoping that this year Master N doesn’t have a black eye and Miss M doesnt have a cast on her leg… Can you see those in the photo… I was going to Photoshop them out but Hubby said to leave it, as it’s keeping it real!! Most people didn’t notice at first! LOL
4. Last year our children were very good, everyday that they were very lucky to get small presents from Buddy Bear during the lead up to Christmas. On his arrival from the North Pole, he brought each of them a new pair of Summer PJ’s, he also brought them things like The Santa Claus Trilogy, some Santa chocolates, even personalised Gingerbread Men and new Christmas DVD’s.
This year I know that Buddy Bear has planned to again bring the children new Summer PJ’s, some new Christmas books and some new Christmas DVD’s and probably gingerbread men again. He’s also bringing them a small present every single day (hint, its the kids own books, all wrapped up and put under the tree!!)
I know that this Mummy is going to “hint” to Buddy Bear that the kids would love to experience a North Pole Breakfast like Super the Elf did for Jessica of Little Pumpkin Grace‘s children on one December morning.
5. Another tradition that we have only started in the past two years is having our photo taken with Santa. The first year, was eventful! Miss M did NOT like the idea of sitting on Santa’s knee! So Daddy had to get in there with them all and have his piccy taken too!
I know that last year’s photo was so much better! At least I have 4 out of 5 children looking at the camera! This year’s photo should be interesting as well!
I know that I loved receiving all comments and emails about last weeks post, that I’m thinking of making a more Christmas designed planner to make planning Christmas more exciting! If your interested please let me know in the comments!
I know that this week, Tina is blogging about how to have a Stress Free Christmas! Be sure to check it out!
So what are some of the Christmas Traditions that you and your family have? I would love to hear them!
Linking up with Shae from Yay For Home for Things I Know Edition